The Bay Area has many types of pests. We specialize in removing gophers, moles, voles, ground squirrels and rats.
Our customers enjoy working with a Bay Area-based company that can get rid of burrowing pests quickly. We eliminate gophers, moles, voles, ground squirrels and rats quickly and safely. I founded this business in 2007 after graduating from Cal Poly Horticulture and working 5 years as a landscape professional. Today, Smith’s Gopher Trapping Service gets rid of burrowing pests like gophers and ground squirrels (and moles and rats too), in residential and commercial properties, as well as schools, cemeteries, vineyards and public parks throughout the Bay Area, From Marin to Monterey (See our service area here).
We are State licensed and insured. Smith’s Gopher Trapping Service safely gets rid of all types of rodents that tunnel in your lawn, chew your fruit, eat your plants and tunnel under your flowers. (To be accurate, moles are not rodents)
You can read testimonials from just a handful of our clients, right here.
At a Glance: The Smith’s Difference
As over four thousand clients throughout the Bay Area have discovered, we’re not your average gopher trapping service. Here are just a few reasons why we’re the gopher-getters of choice:
- Licensed: Our licenses includes a CA Department of Fish and Game Trapper’s License (required to trap ground squirrels), DPR Qualified Applicator’s License (Required to trap gophers) and a State Pest Control Business License (Required to offer any pest control for hire in CA).
- Poison-free: We get rid of gophers and moles without using any poisons, ever. (Because we can get rid of more gophers and moles faster than a poison applicator can)
- Highly effective: We eliminate the toughest ground squirrel, mole, garden rat and gopher problems using the most effective methods.
- Locally owned: Our team of gopher-getters are always nearby and can respond to your needs quickly — often in less than 24 hours.
Safe and EffectiveWe’re more than just a trapping service. Sometimes trapping large pest infestations like ground squirrels would be cost prohibitive. In these cases, the Smith’s Team can provide careful and precise pesticide treatments for garden rats and ground squirrels. We use the safest baiting methods available. Our CA approved multi-feed baits have little to no secondary effect on other wildlife when used in our locked bait stations. We understand that ground squirrel "bait" (aka ground squirrel poison) is a hot-button word, and, understandably, folks have concerns that a bait used for a pest could end up in the stomach of a dog, cat, fox, hawk, or child. We share these concerns as well, and therefore we only apply multi-feed baits designed for very specific pests. We always use a specially designed, locked bait station. These bait stations allow entry by the target pest, but are highly inaccessible by pets,kids, and and other wildlife. Multi-feed baits are designed to be low toxicity so that the pest must feed on it for extended periods of time to obtain a lethal dose. What's bets, the bait does not stay long in a pest's body; after ingestion it is quickly metabolized so any carcass that is eaten by a scavenger has very little active ingredient left in it to do harm. We know this is a difficult subject for many, and we did not initially set out to use rat poison or ground squirrel bait, but after several years we came to learn that a property can be completely destroyed by ground squirrels, and crops lost to rats....and sometimes trapping can break the bank. We are happy to talk with you about any concerns you may have regarding rat bait or squirrel poison at any time.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee:
Best of all, our results are guaranteed, as is your total satisfaction. If your experience with us is ever less than perfect, we will make things right — right away.
* Since we always use organic and low-toxicity products, our tree, shrub, and lawn spraying is performed with the safety and care needed for the protection of your family and pets.